Our Furniture is Handmade with great care and attention to produce distinctive pieces that will bring pleasure for years to come.
Every item of our furniture is very different in its own way. Each item of furniture is handmade and hand finished which adds character to your item.
All timber made items will display movement from season to season because of changes in the atmospheric temperature and humidity. This occasionally may make movements a little stiff, simply rub candle wax on the area to ease it.
Considerations for your furniture placement
Please consider the following suggestions when placing your furniture item:
Sunlight and heat
- Avoid exposing your furniture to excessive heat for example by placing it in front of a radiator, as this can cause cracking. A minimum 45cm clearance from the heat sources is advised.
- Direct sunlight will cause the colour of real wood and fabrics to change, even if it is wax or polished etc, and this will be particularly apparent if the furniture is placed under a window or conservatory.
- Never place hot dishes or cups directly onto wooden/fabric surfaces, we recommend that you use table mats. Prolonged use of hot electrical equipment, such as a television or lamp, on top of the furniture may also cause scorching.
- Avoid spilling all liquid types onto your furniture as this will stain if not immediately attended to.
- Spills should be removed immediately using a cloth.
- To maintain the appearance of your furniture we recommend regular dusting with a soft cloth, preferably lint-free.
- A clear beeswax furniture polish from a reputable supplier may also be used.
- The repeated use of a silicone-containing polish is not recommended as it will lead to a build up of silicone film altering the appearance of the piece.
- Take care when moving the furniture, dragging pieces across the floor may cause damage to the joints/fabric.
- Dropping furniture onto corners or feet may cause damage.
- Leaning backwards on two legs of a chair will weaken joints.
- Take care to prevent sharp objects such as toys, buckles and heels from coming into contact with your furniture as scratching/tearing may occur.
- If your furniture becomes stained, scratched or chipped or suffers other damage we recommend professional help is sought to restore it.
- As a valid customer please feel free to call us if you need any further information or advice.